Those Goshdarn Frankfurters

I found an essay online yesterday, which I've linked to here.

It's a very readable and informative look at the reasons behind the cultural shifts of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries which have had such a lasting effect on us, covering topics as diverse as art and politics, and the unlikely alliances and strange bedfellows which have shaped our times.

If you've ever wondered why modern art became  incomprehensible, or why educational institutions have become hotbeds of gibbering idiocy, this essay will provide some much needed insight.

When I was a young student, towards the end of my time in
college, I instinctively rejected what I was being taught. I stopped trying to paint like a New York abstractionist and started drawing from life. My small, ill considered rebellion had consequences which affect me to this day, but I never regretted it. I'm just glad to have found some of the reasons behind the forces that shape our cultural landscape.

Let this be a lesson to all you budding super villains out there. It's all very well building a secret lair, stealing nukes, or growing your own superbug...

But if you want to do some real damage - start a think tank.